PLEASE TRY AND AVOID COMING TO RECEPTION JUST FOR QUERIES OR DROPPING REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS AS THIS WILL MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCING WITH PATIENTS WAITING FOR AN APPOINTMENT.
Doctors and Advanced nurse practitioner appointments will still be triaged by phone before arranging a face to face appointment.
Nurses clinics are fully operational and you may be invited in for your annual check up including vaccinations.
MASKS SHOULD BE WARN AT ALL TIMES when attending any appointment at the surgery.
PLEASE TRY AND COME ON TIME FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. IF YOU ARE HERE TOO EARLY YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT IN YOUR CAR OR OUTSIDE AS WE TRY AND RESTRICT HOW MANY PATIENTS ARE IN THE BUILDING.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO DO YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS ON LINE / VIA CHEMIST/ OR IN THE POST BOX OUTSIDE TO AVOID CONTACT INSIDE THE BUILDING.
- Our top priority is to keep patients safe.
- Phone and video appointments are safe and effective. If we need to see you face to face we will, but often, we can get all the information that we need by talking to you.
- When patients come into the practice, we have to clean frequently. We have to put on and take off personal protective equipment, which takes time. We can treat more patients when we do phone and video appointments.
- Social distancing – we are keeping the number of people in GP practices low so that there is plenty of space.
- Across Leeds, lots of GP practice staff are isolating because they have COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test. We need to keep staff safe to keep services running.
- We have worked hard in a difficult situation to come up with new innovative ways of working so that we can treat patients safely during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are proud of how well GP practices have adapted.
Our promise to you
- We will continue to work hard to keep you safe and provide safe, effective and compassionate care. We are here for you.
What we ask from you.
- Please don’t go to your GP practice if you have COVID symptoms or a positive test.
- Our phone lines are very busy due to the current exceptionally high level of demand.
- Information about COVID restrictions, getting a test, self-isolating and facemask exemptions is online at www.gov.uk/coronavirus, or from the Leeds City Council helpline. Please don’t phone your practice for this information.
- If you need advice on minor illness, such as diarrhoea, skin conditions, or conjunctivitis you can contact a pharmacy instead of your GP practice.
- We know that things aren’t perfect. Sometimes it is hard to get through on the phone and some patients don’t like phone and video consultations. Please be patient – we are working hard to provide a good service in a very challenging situation.
- There has been an increase in patients being rude and abusive to staff. We understand that patients are in stressful and difficult situations but we will not accept abuse of staff.
The majority of our patients are polite and supportive and we want to say a huge thank you for adapting to the changes that we have made and for working with us.
A clinical trial during the swine ‘flu pandemic showed that an earlier version of Germ Defence successfully reduced respiratory infection frequency, severity and GP consultations; the results were published in The Lancet. The Germ Defence website has been updated for COVID-19. This has been endorsed as a national Urgent Public Health Research (UPHR) study by Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for England.
You may access this clicking on the link below:
(If this link does not open when you click on it, please copy and paste it into your web browser.)