NEW WAYS OF CONSULTIING
- Use E-CONSULT- This is a new way of communicating with the practice but also gives you self- help guidance for most conditions. We would prefer you to use this method to contact us if your problem is not requiring a same day appointment. You can even ask for administrative queries this way too. The e consults are normally dealt with within 48 hours.
- This allows staff to deal with more urgent calls. PLEASE TRY AND USE E-CONSULT INSTEAD OF EMAILING THE PRACTICE.
- ACCURX- VIDEO CONSULTING AND TEXTING-The clinician may ask you to do a video call or send photos through your mobile. If they still need you to come in they will book you a face to face. We can even attach your sick note to a text message now so that can be forwarded to your employer.
- ONLINE ORDERING OF REPEAT MEDICATIONS- We will only process scripts on the telephone for housebound and frail patients. All other patients are encouraged to gain access to their online account. You can order any medicines this way including items which are not on the repeat. PLEASE CALL INTO THE SURGERY VIA THE SIDE DOOR WITH A VALID ID AND THE RECEPTIONIST WILL PRINT OFF YOUR LOG IN DETAILS. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE LOG IS ONLY VALID FOR 7 DAYS AFTER IT IS PRINTED.
- Healthy IO- ACR project for patients with diabetes. A pilot programme to monitor urine albumin:creatinine ratio (ACR) annually for patients with diabetes is being provided at this practice by Healthy.io. This enables patients with diabetes to test their kidney function from home. With your permission, we will share your contact details with Healthy.io to enable them to contact you and send you a testing kit. This will help identify those at risk of kidney disease and proactively manage early interventions for the benefit of patient care. If you do not wish to be contacted by Healthy.io, you will have the opportunity to say so by replying to the text message sent from our practice. Patients who are eligible for this will be sent a message soon.
WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED BY THESE CHANGES